Wolfestone Group is a language company based in the heart of Swansea, South Wales. We are committed to removing language as a barrier within the world of communication and providing quality translation to and from as wide a range of languages as possible.
The Company has prepared and documented an Integrated Management System (IMS), which aims to deliver excellence in our products, services and solutions that ensure customer value and contribute to their success. This is achieved by controlling all of the processes employed and thus preventing errors. Quality Assurance is essential in all work undertaken by Wolfestone Group. The Management System is mandatory and is adhered to by every member of staff, at all times.
This Policy covers all aspects of operations for Wolfestone Group – from good housekeeping measures such as using both sides of paper prior to recycling, to ensuring that investments made are environmentally sound. The Policy also commits us to promoting suppliers and services that adhere to environmentally sound ways of operating.
All staff must have access to this Policy through the Policy folder and within the company handbook. This Policy should be considered in all decision-making and team meetings. It is to be included during the induction of new staff and interns.
The business’ main impact on the environment is its use of resources such as electricity, water and paper and the generation and disposal of waste.
Through commitment to continual improvement and prevention of pollution, Wolfestone Group will:
- Comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory legislation and have regard for corresponding guidance notes
- Minimise energy and water consumption
- Implement a purchasing Policy that considers environment impacts
- Promote and increase the range of ‘Green’/sustainable products
- Ensure all staff are aware of their Policy and adapt an environmentally sound approach
- Minimise waste generation and recycle waste material wherever practicable
- Educate and motivate all employees to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Install and maintain an appropriate Integrated Management System that complies with the requirements for the International Standards for ISO 17100:2015 & ISO 9001:2015
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the Integrated Management System.
- Promote the reduction of business travel through exploitation of new technology.
We firmly believe that accreditation to ISO 17100:2015 and ISO 9001:2015 is essential in our commitment to Customer Satisfaction, continued growth and improvement of our company.
Wolfestone practises the principles of the 3Rs:
1. Reduce waste where possible by thinking about what we buy and how we use it.
- Non-essential documents and emails will not be printed.
- We will annually review which internal documents and external publications are essential, if they are not they will be cancelled thus reducing waste and saving money.
- We will endeavour to reduce the use of all consumables where at all possible.
- We will ensure all printing and photocopying is done on double-sided paper.
2. Reuse wherever possible by trying to find a second life for items especially paper and office stationery.
- Scrap paper will be used in printers, fax machines, for taking messages and for writing notes or draft copies of documents.
- Envelopes and packaging will be reused where possible.
3. Recycle as the least preferred option of the 3Rs.
- Wolfestone will have a nominated person who will have the responsibility to recycle paper, cardboard, toner cartridges and inkjets, etc.
- If office furniture or IT equipment is being replaced then Wolfestone Group will seek to have those items reused or recycled.
Wolfestone Group will buy recycled paper. We will endeavour switching all publications and general office papers to 100% post-consumer waste recycled papers, any additional purchasing costs will be balanced against reduced consumption.
Wolfestone Group will seek to purchase fair traded and environmentally sound goods. When catering for events, food should be organic, and tea and coffee should be fair-traded.
Wolfestone Group will promote the use of cycling and walking as the main means of travel to local meetings and to and from the office. We will also ensure the use of public transport for the majority of journeys where possible. For journeys requiring a car, sharing will be encouraged.
Wolfestone Group will seek to minimise the use of energy in its activities. Only low energy bulbs will be used. Lights and equipment will be switched on only when needed and not out of routine. Heating will be kept to a minimum and the thermostat will be regularly checked to ensure it is not set too high, thereby promoting the need to open windows. Computers and other office equipment will not be left on standby and will be switched off completely whenever they are not in use. Energy will be sourced from a supplier that invests in renewable and carbon neutral energy sources where possible.
The Policy will be subject to annual review, will be communicated to staff and made available to all other interested parties. It is available to staff via the company internet and the public via the company website.
The signed copy of this Policy is available in the offices of Wolfestone Group.