Rapid translation is a specialized service designed to deliver quick, reliable translations often within a 24-hour timeframe. Rapid translation is also an affordable option, making it especially ideal for urgent or time-sensitive projects.
However, quick turnaround times can come at a cost. Rapid translations, while highly accurate, can contain imperfections. Therefore, they are not recommended for more nuanced and timely translations, such as branded content.
So, is rapid translation worth it? The short answer is yes, but you need to understand when to use expedited translation services and when to opt for a standard or premium translation service.
We’ll discuss the strengths and weaknesses of rapid translations below. And, you’ll learn how to choose a rapid translation service to improve your operations while saving money.
Rapid Translation - What you need to know.
Rapid translation services can be enticing. They’re fast and affordable, especially thanks to advancements in AI and Machine Translation technology.
But, there’s something you need to know about these services.
Just because you need a translation quickly doesn’t mean you should choose a rapid translation service. The appropriateness of rapid translation depends more on the content of the translation than its time sensitivity.
For example, a company memo is a great candidate for rapid translation. It’s time-sensitive, but it’s also internal, so small imperfections are not a big deal. When comprehension is more important than accuracy, rapid translation is a great option.
Alternatively, overdue Instagram ad copy is not a good candidate for rapid translation. It may be time-sensitive, but customer-facing branded content (such as ads) requires more nuanced translation. For instance, localization and quality control are needed to maximize its effectiveness, and this takes more time.
Sure, if your back is up against the wall, you can opt for rapid translation services for more complex tasks. But this is not recommended.
Instead, determine which translations are better suited for expedited services and which are not. Then, create a translation schedule to ensure you receive your translations on time.
When you work with an agency like Wolfestone Group, your company’s dedicated project manager will assist you with all of this.
When to Use a Rapid Translations Service
So, when exactly should you use a rapid translation service? Rapid translation services are best suited for time-sensitive, non-critical content such as:
- Internal communications (emails, memos, message threads, etc.)
- Quick reports
- Presentations for internal audiences
- Training materials
- Meeting notes or summaries
- Brief translations
Choosing rapid translation services for the above documents won’t just save money. It will also dramatically increase the agility of your operations.
When offices and departments are able to communicate more quickly, they are able to work more effectively and adapt faster to changes in the market.
When You Shouldn’t Use a Rapid Translation Service
Rapid translation services are not suitable for high-stakes, technical or branded content. And no customer-facing content should be translated rapidly. These types of more nuanced translations include:
- Social media content
- Customer user manuals
- Blog or news articles
- Jargon-heavy documents
- Documents requiring specific expertise (legal, medical, engineering, etc.)
- Documents requiring localization
- Lengthy translations
Documents containing specialized knowledge, intricate cultural nuances or that carry your company's brand should go through a more comprehensive translation process.
This will ensure that your message is linguistically accurate, culturally appropriate and impactful.
How Rapid Translation Works, Step by Step
The rapid translation process is built for speed. When you partner with a professional translation agency like Wolfestone Group, you’re guaranteed to receive your rapid translations within 24 hours. Here’s how it works.
- You request a rapid translation by providing the necessary documents. Depending on the agency, requests may be made day or night, seven days a week.
- A professional translator begins the work, often within the hour.
- Following the translation, there is a standard quality assurance process to ensure the accuracy and clarity of the translation. For rapid translations, this typically includes one review cycle to ensure the translated content is ready for use.
- You receive your rapid translation within 24 hours of your request.
It’s that easy. However, it is important to submit your rapid translation request precisely and to include all the necessary documents and instructions required by the agency. If you don’t provide the right information, your agency may not be able to fulfill your request within 24 hours.
What to Look for When Considering a Rapid Translation Service
Rapid translations can vary greatly in quality. For example, some agencies do rapid translations entirely with software, leaving you with a costly translation that’s not much better than something produced by Google Translate.
When considering a translation agency for expedited translations, look for the following factors and information:
- Human experts in the loop: Rapid translation should be performed with a human in the loop. If software is involved, it should be used to assist a human translator.
- 24-hour delivery: Get a delivery guarantee for your rapid translations. Otherwise, you may wait days for your documents.
- Basic quality controls: Your rapid translation must include some form of accuracy controls to ensure your translated content accurately reflects the original document.
- Length limitations: Find out how many words or tasks you can request at a time for rapid translation. Many agencies place daily or weekly limits on requests to ensure rapid delivery.
- Content limitations: What types of content are eligible for rapid translation? Some agencies will not accept certain types of translations that may require more time to translate properly, such as technical or creative content.
On top of these considerations, the confidentiality and security of your documents are also important. This is why it’s best to partner with a professional translation agency. Agencies like Wolfestone Group have robust data security policies and ISO certifications to guarantee your privacy.
Rapid Translation by Wolfestone Group
If you're seeking reliable rapid translation services, consider Wolfestone Group. We are an ISO-certified translation service provider with nearly 20 years of experience, and we are committed to delivering high-quality, accurate translations tailored to your needs.
Our expedited services include human translation and accuracy controls at an affordable rate. And, we guarantee delivery within 24 hours.
This is why brands like Google, HSBC and Bentley partner with Wolfestone Group for their linguistic needs.